Thursday 4 May 2017

Wednesday 3rd May 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

It was Avalon today, and as I looked at the eleven of Dad's Army on parade,  I thought eight would fish for silvers, and that would make my job harder.

Vic was in charge of the fishery today, so he was responsible for peg numbers, the Golden Peg was number 7, which I drew.   I took the lads' loot and settled with Vic.  The draw completed, so it was off to the bank.

Tonto was on my left, and was into the carp first chuck, to my left three pegs away was Treasure.   This is a good silvers venue, and it lived up to that reputation today.

I was fishing the five metre line, feeding regularly, and fishing a tad over depth.  This resulted in a steady flow of skimmers and roach to various sizes.   Except for the cold north-easterly it was a very good day.  

 I could see the Nasty Old Sheriff's landing net working hard, and I reckoned I was way behind    George drew peg one, but I was not worried as he thought the peg couldn't win, so he was beaten before he started.

Chef on peg three had his cooker on high, and did the business overall with 54lbs 4ozs.  Sheriff weighed 21lbs 13ozs, and myself 22lbs 4ozs, which put a smile on my face.   That was until Tivi Dave weighed 25lbs3ozs, but he was beaten by the end peg "Ballcock" who managed a great 35lbs on the waggler, his comment was "did I really catch that"!!!

         I am looking  forward to Summerhayes Long on Sunday, and Viaducts Match
                              next Wednesday.

                                              Summer's coming,  I hope!!

                                                                     Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment