Monday 22 May 2017

Sunday 21st May 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

Eighteen arrived on a sunny morning, and Vic asked if he could join us as a non-combatant, everyone agreed   Treasure was doing the business today.   Vic selected the pegs to be fished and the Golden Pegs 5 and 16.

With the work sorted the draw was made and we moved out to our positions.   I drew 21 with Colin to my right, who had constant phone calls updating him on football scores!!   To my left was Kev who, unfortunately had the worst of what was coming off the trees and covering the surface; well done Kev for sticking it out.

Horny tooted and we got underway.   I wanted to fish 11 metres and the right hand margin, wrong!!  after an hour with little to show, I switched down the margin which got me snagged twice, the second time loosing my rig.  I realised at this point I had left my tuck-box in the car, so I put all my troubles down to lack of sustenance i.e pork pies and Thatchers!!

Walking back to the car it seemed everyone was struggling, so on returning to my swim I decided to try top four, which produced a few fish.    As a last resort I tried the left hand margin;  I started catching roach a few perch and a bonus crucian, all on caster.   At the weigh in I had 12lbs 1oz, which was good enough for second silvers.    Needless to say it was Sheriff Danny who took first,  and Tivi Dave third.

Man with No Name, fishing the deadly peg 24, won overall with 69lbs 14ozs; well done Steve.   Tony Newall was second with 37lbs 7ozs and Pete Cooke third with 36lbs 6ozs.

       Wednesday it's Emeralds with an unprecedented twenty fishing, and next
                     Sunday we visit Landsend.

                                         Lets do it!!

                                                          Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment