Saturday 20 May 2017

Wednesday 17th May 2017 - Sedges Brick Lake

Today we were fishing Sedges Brick, on which, weather wise was an abysmal day with continuous rain and a brisk wind.    Jaime and Denise were attending today, so hot drinks and Jamie selecting the pegs to be fished.

I collected the loot.   The Golden Peg is mounting to a worthwhile pot.   I paid Jamie and the draw was made.    Tungsten got the Golden Peg number 14, and myself peg 11, which is renowned for its scaley residents.

It was time, so I shouted all in, and we got on with it.  I had no great ambitions today, and would fish top two in the margins on my right, no groundbait just loose feed to try to avoid the unmentionables, with caster the hook bait.   A few bits came, and then a real good looker a 4lbs tench, just this fish made my visit a happy one; but there were more to come; some bream and good roach, and to cap it all a perfect crucian around 2lbs.

As I looked round the lake, all I could see were dreary looking wet lads all sticking to their task.    Well done the lot of you!!  

  At the all out we had to weigh ourselves, and the weights showed all our efforts were worth the punishment.   Merlin wove his magic, winning overall with 96lbs 9ozs .   Bend It was second at 53lbs 6ozs, Baz had a very commendable 39lbs 8 ozs to win silvers, with the Nasty Old Sheriff runner up with 32lbs.

Our thanks to Jamie for providing a good venue, to which we will be returning soon.

       Our next matches are Avalon on Sunday, and Emeralds next Wednesday.

                                             Summer's  coming.
                 
                                                             Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment