Thursday 25 May 2017

Wednesday 24th May 2017 - Emerald Pools

When I arrived at 7-45 George was already there waiting to help me to do the pegging, together with Bend It.    We put 15 on Ruby and 6 on Emerald.    Because this venue is so popular I had a record of 21 fishing, and I had to break my rule about over spilling into two lakes.

After pegging I got down to business collecting the cash, sorting the pools, and the money for Alan.   I must mention Alan was very obliging about which pegs we could use, and then letting us get on with it.

After the draw everyone wanted pegs 1-6!!, needless to say I drew high next to Nasty Sheriff AGAIN, people will talk.

Horny tooted and things got underway.   Ballcock drew number ten, the Golden Peg, would he flush the swag?    There were carp everywhere, and everyone seemed to be catching fish.   I must say I was not impressed by the white bait Danny was hauling in, he said I was not much better.

At the weigh in it went the way we thought it would, with 1st and 2nd silvers coming from Emerald, and 1st and 2nd overall from Ruby.

Baz won silvers with 66lbs 6ozs and Shaun 2nd with 37lbs 2ozs.   The overall went to Tonto with 70lbs 10ozs and the Chef  2nd with 54lbs 14ozs.   Well done to all, let's keep at it.

         Sunday it's Landsend and next Wednesday Hawthorns Shiplate max 15 .

                                               See you soon                

                                                                 Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment