Thursday 11 May 2017

Wednesday 10th May 2017 - Viaduct Match Lake

We fished at Viaducts today, there were fourteen pegs available and fourteen of Dad's Army manned them.   Weatherwise the day was perfect but not peaceful.   The carp had decided to spawn, and were causing quite a ruckus in the margins, we wondered if it would fish!

Young Badger Matt was looking after us today, so he did the peg numbers and the Golden Peg.   I collected the lads' sheckles and sorted the finances, this completed we made the draw.   Tonto got the Golden Peg number 49, and I drew 44 sandwiched betwen Big Bird and the Nasty Sherrif.    We then went to the bank to sort out the kit, and make ready for the off.   Horny Hedgehog alias the Shakespearean Bummer Boy was there to toot his horn for the off, and things got underway.

At the start I was catching small fish and a suntan, while Rob to my left couldn't buy a bite.   Needless to say old Nasty was doing his fair share of catching, but denying everything!! Nothing changes.   Horny, two along, was complaining about the noisy oversexed carp, and in doing so making more than his share of noise.

After an hour I lost my first rig, and not long after another; there was a question mark over the parentage of some scaly creatures.   Worse was to come, I put my top two on the rest, and was just sampling a much needed swallow of Thatchers Gold when I looked down, and there was my top sections disappearing across the lake.    This sparked off a running commentary by a couple of my sympathetic friends? on the progress of the pole and carp, and some suggestive remarks how I could retrieve it!  I don't think these lads attended Sunday School like I had to; Philistines.

The sun shone all day, and at the toot for all out Matt came to weigh us in.  George had done well on a hard day for silvers, and won with 10lbs 1oz.   Merlin edges  the overall with 20bs 15ozs closely followed by the Chef and Horny.

            On Sunday it's Shiplate Main Lake, and Wednesday next it's Sedges Brick.
                                          I have room on Wednesday.

                                                Happiness is Fishing

                                                           Chair Bob 


No comments:

Post a Comment