Thursday 16 May 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 15th May Trinity Ash

Ten of Dad's Army gave Trinity Ash the once over today.  The weather gods were on our side for a change.

I selected the pegs and finished the business.   The draw was completed with Tonto on the Golden Peg 12.   The Nasty Old Sheriff drew his usual flyer by the bridge, and George had end peg 18, that could have been another nugget gone.   As George always fishes with his tongue out, he will be referred to as Ant Bear in future.    I drew peg 9 with the Wizard to my left, an the only other one I could see was Tivi in front on the other bank.

All in and I decided red maggot, caster, and sweetcorn on my bait tray, with a mix of ground bait laced with the afore mentioned.   I decided two thirds of the way to the island with a single red on a small hook, and hoped the marauding  vermin were not to hungry.

It was not long before I was catching, and roach, rudd and skimmers entered my net.   I then changed to caster, hoping for bigger fish, but it was more of the same.   After a couple of hours it was slowing down, so I tried corn, but my reward was just one plump roach, so it was back to the maggot.   I tried the margin, but had no luck.   I shouted across to Tivi Dave, who gave me the thumbs down, saying no  fish.

The last two hours I spent watching a family of Moorhens, while a heron stood two swims away watching me?    The sun was out, I was having a great day taking a lots of abuse, but I also caught some fish.   I could not ask for much better.

All out and Danny, Mustard, and I started the weigh in.  Tivi didn't bother, then myself 10lbs 5ozs of silvers, which was much more than I thought.   Wizard had 14lbs 14 ozs of carp, and his usual one or two silvers.   Tonto had been enjoying the sun and relaxing while having a chat to anyone who would oblige, so DNW.   Next it was the Sheriff 8lb 12ozs  of silvers.    Tungsten had a rare bad day, then Ninja who weighed 10lbs 12 ozs of silvers, and just 3lbs 2ozs of scaleys.   It was then onto Ant Bear on the end peg, he reckoned, as he does, that he had lost the biggest carp in the lake, and weighed a measley 6lbs 7ozs.   I was chuffed as two very unexpected nuggets entered my pocket, from my two tormentors;  Happy days!

      Next week it's Summerhays Longs, and another of Pete's so called jokes?  See you there.

                                                     Bob  (Adjutant) 

P.S.   Sadly one of our members, Terry has died, and Dad's Army would like to convey their condolences to his family at their time of sorrow.



                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment