Thursday 9 May 2019

HLS Angling Dad''s Army Wednesday 8th May Sedges Tile

It was Wednesday, the forecast was hell.   We were fishing Sedges Tile, which produces great weights of both carp and silvers.   There were just nine of Dad's Army fishing today, which meant I could put us all on the protected bank pegs 21 to 30, it was amen to that.

Jamie and Denise looked after our needs today, so there were plenty of free hot drinks, and pegs organised.   At the draw The Sheriff did not like 29.    George drew the Golden Peg 28, he was full of --it, telling Danny and anyone else who would listen, how big a thrashing he would give us using his ledger rod.    I drew 23 which was between Ninja and Tivi.

It was then off to the lake, and I must comment on the great condition of Sedges Fishery, I think pristine covers it.    I had a tree feature to my left, and with the weather in mind, I fished caster on top four as close as I could get.   Tivi was fishing paste on the other side of the tree, and Ninja was chucking out to the island looking for  the vermin.

All in and Tivi and I were finding it slow, but not Ninja who was soon splashing about and grunting like a bull on heat.   After two hours struggling I was now into good skimmers and nice roach.  I was also into the tree a few times loosing two rigs.   I must be the clumsiest old git fishing.   Ninja came and took my carp net, saying I didn't need it. Cheeky sod!!!

The forecast was right unfortunately, it just chucked it down by the bucketful, not nice, but all these tough troops were at the weigh.

The biggest weight today went to Ninja with 142lbs 6ozs, mostly scaleys; I don't know how he does it.    I was knackered catching 20bs 8ozs of silvers.    We got to George and the moment of truth! He had a respectable 24lbs 12ozs of silvers, which was just good enough for fourth in that category.  Next to the Sheriff who just smashed George with 41lbs 8oz of silvers plus some carp.   He told George it didn't pay to boast.  He also told me he had cast out just three times before putting his rod away, ha ha!  Tungsten was last to weigh with 27lbs 8ozs of silvers and a total of 50lbs ozs.   Full results below.

        Next Wednesday we are giving Ash at Trinity a try, it's good to have a change.   Could make for                              a close match.    So ding dong.

                                               Bob  (Adjutant)   

P.S.     Super-cup   We have been drawn home against Poole in the next round, these were                       last years competition winner, so no pressure




                                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment