Thursday 23 May 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 22nd May Summerhays Longs

Dad's Army marched on Summerhays Longs today on a lovely warm sunny morning.  Everyone was in high spirits     There were eleven on parade today, and the social was good.    No Ant Eater today as he is having an injection; knowing George he will say they were using the biggest needle in the hospital!!!   Mustard was taking his wife to make the caravan rock somewhere by the seaside; I am sure we will missed them both.

It did not take long to do the paperwork and draw.   The Golden Peg was 33, drawn by The Wizard, could he magic the dosh out of my box?  I drew 12 between Highland Bill and Aquatic Kev, which made for an interesting day.

At a couple of minutes to ten we got on with ALL IN.   Bill's first cast in with the feeder  and out with a fish, before I had not even put any feeder in.   He caught quite a few fish in the first couple of hours, then for some reason, which only people from his part of the world would understand, he changed his tactics and fished the pole catching zilch for two hours; so no repeat of his win last week, although he still came third overall.

I had an enjoyable day catching various size skimmers and roach.   I knew The Nasty Old Sheriff was catching well.   When I dropped my 4 and 5 sections into the water I thought curtains, but after a little time I managed to retrieve them, but it was time wasted.

The Wizard next to Danny was having a good day catching carp, which were a sensible size, making for very good match fishing.   Then there was a loud crack, it was a section of Danny's pole.   I know I should't, but I thought that might slow him down.

Kev was quiet, and I knew he had a little snooze, but with all his health problems I reckoned this sunny little excursion did him good.   We hope to see more of you Kev!

Time passes quickly when you are enjoying yourself and it was time for the all out and pack up.  Danny was weighing and I did the board.   We started with Kev who had a few carp for 9lbs 12ozs, I was next with just silvers 12lbs 12ozs and happy.    The Highlander Bill weighed 47lbs, but what could have been?   John had 7lbs 13ozs of silvers, then Tungsten who got 11lbs 14ozs of silvers plus carp.   Ninja had two nets weighing 68lbs of scaleys;  would he beat the Wizard?.   Sheriff had l3lbs 10ozs of silvers for my tear stained nugget.  Brian managed 52lbs 4ozs; the Bridesmaid? he was runner up overall.


Graham and Tonto both had good weights, but it was the dynamic duo of The Sheriff and Ninja twho won again.   It was a good match on a very good, well kept fishery;  the full results are below.

        Next Wednesday it's Shiplate Main Lake.

                             Let's make it ring

                                              Bob(Adjulant)


                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment