Tuesday 7 May 2019

HLS Angling - Summerhayes - 05.05.19

This week we were at the Summerhayes Fisheries on Sellicks Lake. The venue was to be changed to Longs however with another Match already booked in and Sellicks fishing better we stayed on here.

We had 17 booked in for today and I was optimistic that fishing would be good. The lake looked good with fish topping and lots of fizzing in the water and the weather was good, nice and warm with a bit of sunshine.

The guru Tart collected the bucket and asked Dettal to pick out the golden peg which was nos 17 - a good silvers peg.

We then dived into the bucket to draw our pegs which was as follows

Peg

1 - Dick
3 - Me
5 - Dettal
7 - Tungsten Dave
9 - Quenie
10 - Big Nick
11 - The Guru Tart
12 - Steve Warren
13 - John Wolenscroft
14 - Mario Tony
16 - Eric
17 - Lord C
18 - Sharp Shopper
20 - Roger
22 - George
23 - Danny

So a few nice draws today with preferred Silvers angler lord C on a good silvers peg, John and Steve next to one another fighting over their £1, Maver / Preston Dual with me next to Dettal and the Silvers guru's Danny next to George for that all important golden nugget.

At the set up even though I was a mile away from them all I could hear over the lake was Big Nick and Queenie, obviously battling it out for the loudest persons competition today.

The Guru Tart had a great start to the day as people winding him up about some make believe Guru floats that's Simon Garbot kindly sent to me on face book which I then sent to the Guru Tart. He was fuming that he hadn't been included and not received some free ones. Ironically then Steve Kedge appeared and I had a qick mention to him about them who then accidentally dropped them in the conversation and the Guru Tart took the bait and he went. He was so enraged that he broke the tip of his rod (Again) - cheap guru stuff!! 

I had Dettal and Dick for companions today and unfortunately I had a big tree to my right so I couldn't see Dick so had Dettal to look at catching fish next to the nice patch of lilies.

Fishing was a bit difficult with the fish not really taking it and I landed several carp albeit I must admit to getting my first fish in the rudder then I foul hooked or hook pulled 6 trying to stop them going under the platforms.

Dettal was also having the same problems and lost about 10 fish. On a normal day when they were taking the bait I'm sure most of these would have been landed and the overall weights would have been much better

Further up the bank I could see Tungsten Dave landing a few and I knew that Queenie was doing ok as again he didn't stop talking, but to be fair he is a class angler and the richest postman in the South west.

So the all out was called and I felt I should have had a least another 25lb in the net but that's fishing as Im sure that Dettal would claim even more and others Im sure would claim the same but I couldn't see them.

Results

Overall

1st - Steve King - 45lb
2nd - Phil Beardls - 38lb - 7oz
3rd Shaun Larkham - 29lb - 15oz

Silvers

1st - George -14lb - 12oz
2nd - Danny - 6lb - 13oz
3rd - Dave Tunstill - 4lb -11oz

A disappointing day with poor weights but well done to all those who attended. Next up is Shiplate on the canal lakes. Don't forget to contact Phil to book your place.


                                             Danny and George heading into battle

 
 
View looking down the lake

 
 
                                                
                                             View looking down the lake Big 8 pond side





                                                                         Results       




1 comment:

  1. Yet another good draw Steve - I'm gonna get you to buy my lottery tickets ? :)

    ReplyDelete