Sunday 4 November 2018

Trinity Waters 4/11/18 woodlands

Trinity waters 4/11/18
I was looking forward to this match as I have been away this week and was itching to wet a line and I got my wish as it didn't stop raining all bloody day !!  Anyway the guys fished this lake mid week and looking at the results it looked like it fished hard ..
Me and martin (Lord C ) got to this fantastic venue nice and early so we had a walk around the lake (Woodlands)  and there were carp topping in the middle areas  (pegs 26,27)  so I wouldn't mind one of these pegs if I could get my pinkies in the draw bag nice and early!! also if I could choose a peg the any corner would be good !!!
So I paid my pools to Shane and said hello to all members and then  Phil and Shawn turned up and it was like a Guru and Preston trade show but I must say that Shawn's kit was a lot cleaner …. and then they each loaded £50000 of NEW gear onto there trolleys...but Shawn's trolley was a lot  cleaner....
the golden peg today was peg 27 and D.T got his hands on it !!! I got in line and watched people get some nice pegs and then than man Lord C got the best peg in the draw bag today (peg 15 ) and I was thinking that's the winner then .. so I asked him to draw me a peg number and he handed me peg 26 ..GOD THAT BOY CAN DRAW... So thanks for that mate …
I made my way to my peg which was a  nice short walk from the car park and getting to my peg  I had the wind coming from over my back which was a bonus....  so I set up a long pole to fish for silvers using ground bait and maggots and corn ..and a 13 meter line to fish for the water pigs using pellet on a band feeding 4mm...
To cut a long story short it fished rock hard ..well except for Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 29 who was showing us all (yes you to George aka the best silvers angler in the club..)  how to catch silvers as he had them from the off...Class act if I say so myself.... but the rest of us struggled big time and I only had I skimmer on the pole line and 3 carp on the tip ..which I only had as I was packing up my gear up and chucked out a feeder and had 23-8 of water pigs in the last 40 minutes so just luck but this was good as I picked up 2nd place overall and was beat by that man Danny who had 26 -4 of silvers to win 1st overall … git!! which was great for Shane as this meant he won the silver pool with 10-11  which was a bonus for him as it is his birthday tomorrow ( The big 70)
so he has some bear tokens …Happy birthday mate!!!
Anyway we started the scales on peg 6 with the Silver fox who chucked back  Eric peg 7 , Kev peg 7 also chucked back then it was Brian (HMRC baits) who had 4-2 of silvers … then Mike on peg12,Tony peg 13 also chucked back ..Shane on peg 14 had 10-11 of silvers and one carp for a total of 16-6, Martin (lord C) on peg 15 also chucked back as did John on peg 23 and then it was onto the cleanest angler in the UK "willy Wonka" and he had 17-8 to go into the lead !!I had 23-14 and then D.T had 4-3 of silvers and one carp for a total of 13-13 then it was Pinocchio on peg 29 who had a great winter net of silvers for a total of 26-4 …  Phil (guru tart ) also chucked back and then George (best silvers angler in the club) had one carp for 7-0 and loads of eyes for 7-8 for a total of 14-8 … and last was Graham who also chucked back ...so a very hard day but still nice to be out in the fresh air . just wish it was dry as my gear is soaked !!!
SO the winners today
1st overall Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 29 26-4
2nd overall S King peg 26 23-14
3rd overall (Willy Wonka) Shaun peg 24 17-14
1st silvers Shane peg 14 10-11
2nd silvers George #(best silvers angler in the club) peg 32 7-0
3rd all round Mr nice guy D.T peg 27 4-3
So a big well done to all who sat it out and also a big well done to all the winners and from all in the club a big Happy Birthday the Shane who is 70 tomorrow (Monday)  "hope you have a great day …"
Next week we are at Landsend on match lake and I know lots of people don't like it for some mad reason but it would be nice to see a few there .. so if you want to fish please book in with the guru tart.
Also please let Phil the guru tart know asp if you are going to fish the XMAS match as we need numbers sooner rather that later … Thanks
have a great week ….


No comments:

Post a Comment