Monday 19 November 2018

Sunday 18-11-18 Avalon Fisheries


This was my second visit to Avalon in as many weeks. Last time it was hard going and with the drop in temperature today was not looking much better. The sun was out and it was a pleasant day so hopefully an enjoyable day.
I seemed last to arrive and was greeted with many 'well wishes'. 15 names were on the sheet, all to be pegged on the left with a NE wind blowing down the lake. Luckily most of the leaves had gone and so no surface rubbish.

The Guru Tart had a personalised number plate on his van, W10 PLB. We decided the middle was for Lesley as he's always acting like a big girl. He was in usual form and directing operations. We were to fish 10 til 3:30 and the golden peg was 3.

First into the bag was Danny who pulled out 3!!!! I went next and got 12, sh*t. It was the same peg as last time and I didn't do any good then.
At the peg I had Martin Western to my right and Steve King to my left. Steve obviously didn't like that close to me cos he stood on the platform and broke it then moved to peg 14. Martin and I noted the foul play. Karma is a bitch cos he later snapped the butt section of his pole.... ouch, costly!!!

At my peg I decided to fish for silvers as per last time. I went for 3 lines, one at 10 o'clock on 10m, another at 2 o'clock at 10m and then the margins. One line was fed with the So Simple Little Red Micros and the other line was with some Tom Thick groundbait laced with caster. I did later come in on a 8m line just feeding caster.

The word of the day, for me was biteless, or should I say, one foul hooked carp which didn't reach the surface and tiny little bites from fish not much bigger than the bait. My only success was 'whitebait' from the margins.

To my right, Martin was suffering the same. Paul Bowyer on 10 managed to find one bream and bits, however Tony Newell on peg 9 found plenty of carp to net the top weight.
Steve King, on the illegal peg 14 didn't have much success until he went out to 16m, finding bream and carp. He had to reduce to 15m after his pole mishap but the fish showed sympathy and continued to bite.
Word from the top end of the lake was that they were getting more bites.

At the all out, Ron did the weigh in and the results were:-

Overall
1st Tony Newell, peg 9 - 60-13.
2nd Dave Allen, peg 20 - 37-08.
3rd George, peg 23 - 22-14.

Silvers
1st Steve King, peg 14 - 23-14 (hope he gave the money to repair platform 13)
2nd Tony Fry, peg 16 - 7-14.
3rd Paul Bowyer, peg 10 - 4-05.


Lastly, Phil wants to know who is fishing the Xmas match and needs your money by the 25th November latest!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment