Tuesday 27 November 2018

Sedges 25/11/18 brick lake

 

Brick lake 25/11/18 Sedges lake
 
 
 
We had Brick lake booked today and I personally like this lake as I think the silver fishing is better but I had a phone call in the week from Martin aka Lord C who told me that 13lbs won the mid week match ...ouch ...so it could be a hard day then !!
 
Anyway we met up at Mac D's in Street and then made our way to Bridgewater …i un loaded the car and then had a chat to a few of the lads ..Then I asked if anyone brought any crap in the Black Friday deals as there was some great buys online  ..and then LEE the guru tart ..sorry Phil the guru tart was saying that he might buy a new seat box and a new pole and some new reels and a few new rods and has just ordered a new set of Gore-Tex from Halkon hunt and he wasn't happy as he is a big lad and they had to charge him a bit more due the extra work making his new suit …and yes it is bright orange with his name on the back "Lee the power sorry Phil the power"……
 
Anyway we had 17 booked in and we all wanted pegs 10 or 11 !! well I did .. so into the bucket of dreams and  ball number 9 was looking at me ..I was happy as I have done ok in the past from this peg but I wasn't sure how it would fish today .. looking at the sheet I could see the big guns on the hot silver pegs ..i.e.  Lord C on peg 5 and D.T on peg 6 and the biggest ego in the club on peg 13 !! yes George "best silvers angler in  the club" and then that man Danny on peg 16 and Ross on 17 ..so I was thinking it might be hard to pick up any coin today on the silvers front !!! and while setting up there were carp topping in peg 10 and 11 …..Solid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and who got these to great pegs ?? well peg 10 had the silver fox and peg 11 had John who I think was going for the silvers which could be a hard from that peg … also we had our very own radioactive man aka Stan who was glowing green on peg 12 .. it's always nice to see Stan and I wish he fished a bit more but he told me that  the country need him to build this new power plant in Bridgewater  ….hero I was thinking  … well £100 per hour keeps him at work !!!!
 
so onto the match well it was hard and looking round it was hard for all I could see D.T get the most bites all day and had a nice net of white bait to go with a skimmer ..I had to look at the carp crashing around in pegs 10 and 11 all day and I said to the silver fox all he had to do was put a hook on his line and he would win !! joke tony ! looking over I could see Stan getting the odd skimmer on the tip and I was thinking that he might win the silvers pool ..and he did with 7-2 of silvers ..I wasn't sure what he was fishing on the hook but is glowing green ?? and he said he got it from work ?? ..
 
 
looking from peg 5

 
Me well I hooked 8 carp and got 4 in for 30lbs and that was good for 1st overall so not to bad a day and I do like it when it hard as you are never out of it ..I had them on the long pole and bait was pellet over pellet ..
 
1st silvers Radioactive man Stan peg 12 7-2
2nd silvers D.T peg 6 6-4
3rd silvers Paul (Paxo baits) peg 19 5-9
 
1st overall s king peg 9 30lbs
2nd overall Danny (Pinocchio) baits peg 16 21-15
3rd overall lord C peg 5 (octopussy baits) 19-8
 
Sorry for the short blog but I am very busy this week with the fall out from black Friday ...oh joy !!
 
Next week we are on tile lake and there are spaces if you want to fish
 
Also there will be a AGM on the 4/1/19 at the 37 club at 7.30  so if you want to chew the fat then please come along …
 
See you Sunday ..
 

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment