Thursday 1 November 2018

HLS Angling Wednesday 31st October Trinity Woodlands

We fished at Woodlands Trinity today, the ground was white with frost, so no great expectations were held.    This did not keep the troops quiet, the banter continued, no one was exempt from some kind of abuse.

We had Misha making hot drinks, and Danny sorting out the pegs to be used, so it was just myself sorting out the monetary business before the draw.    The Golden Peg was twelve drawn by "Not so Simple Simon"  The lad's thought it could be his day   I drew 24 with the Wizard on my right and an empty peg to my left.    Across the lake I could see half the lads, so I had a good idea how things were going.

The conditions determined how I fished, which was dead simple, maggot and pinkie on a size 20, ten meters in front, and left hand margin.   I  loose fed with not much ground bait.    All in and wait.   The first fish I saw was a small skimmer caught by Simon,  then Bend It  started playing a foul hooked vermin, which when weighed was 10lbs 13ozs; well done Mike.

From what I saw it was very slow and I decided to come up in the water.  The result was some small roach and a surprise carp, which was the better part of seven pounds.   The weather was kind except for a few showers.   I enjoyed the chat with the lads during the day.    My mate the Wizard had no carp today but twice as many silvers as me, which I might say was not difficult as I was rubbish.

It was time for the all out, I did not think Danny's back would be tested today   The first weight of any note was Bend It with  6lbs 8ozs of silvers and that dubious carp, a total of 17lbs 5ozs.  Next it was Golden Boy Simon who scaled 7lbs 4ozs of silvers and was in the lead at this point.   Boy  George however was smiling with his tongue hanging out and was denying what we all knew might be enough, and sure enough out came 8lbs 11ozs of silvers.  There was just that other lying little tow rag the Sheriff to weigh, I was wondering who would take my nugget,?   First Bill the Paste, one of our more truthful men (he will soon learn the art of deceit) said he had three carp one of which is a monster, so it was not surprising when the scales tipped 32lbs 8ozs,  for an overall win.

Back to the Sheriff, and out came the net, George was not looking quite so happy at this point, there were some unrepeatable christening names mentioned when the scales settled on 8lbs 15ozs, making him the winner by 4ozs.

It was tough today my 8lbs 15ozs was good enough for third overall.  The full results below.

          Next Wednesday we visit Emeralds, which is always good for some fish. Looking forward to it.

                              You know the number!!

                                                     Bob

                                         

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment