Thursday 30 November 2017

Wednesday 29th November 2017 - Sedges Tile

Eleven of Dad's Army arrived at Sedges for the second of three matches here in eight days.   We were fishing Tile on a very frosty morning, with a brisk northerly wind blowing, so we knew it would be hard going.

Denise and Jamie made sure everything was shipshape, and supplied us with very welcome hot drinks.    I shorted the money out, while Danny did the pegging.   Peg twenty one was the Golden Peg, which was drawn by Tonto.   I drew thirty three next to Chef Pete and Tungsten; these were the only pegs on the windy cold side, thank goodness for the old flannelette long johns!!!

I decided just one light rig, small baits, and out as far as I could see my float.   I shouted all in,  but my only thought was how warm and comfy the guys on the other bank were looking;  sheer envy.

As prophesied there were not great weights to report, just great excitement if one got a bite.    Pete had two carp to win the overall, with 16lbs 10ozs, and Big Bird won silvers with 5lbs 4ozs.   My only consolation was Sheriff giving me a nugget;  happy days.

      Next Sunday it's Sedges Brick, and Wednesday Emeralds

                                  I hope it's getting warmer!!

                                                          Chair Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment