Thursday 16 November 2017

Wednesday 15th November - Trinity Woodlands

Fourteen of "F" for fish company of Dad's Army turned out for muster on a very pleasant Wednesday morning.    Looking around I thought it must be sick parade, especially George, who had a very large swelling on his face, which brought some unkind comments from his so called mates.       Fair play to you George, it didn't keep you in bed.

Misha and Lilly looked after our needs today.   I did the business, assisted by the Sheriff.   The pegs were selected, twenty nine being the golden one, which was drawn by Tivi Dave.

The draw completed, we trooped off to our positions ready for the assault.   I was sandwiched between Danny and George, a rose between thorns!!

Nothing complicated today,  just caster and maggot, with not even a sniff of ground bait,   twenty hook, two pound line, I would start with maggot, moving on to caster.   At ten o'clock I was tooled up, so I phoned Marilyn and ate a doughnut, then I shouted all in.

It took about half an hour to start catching, in which time Danny had  a flyer with three to four pounds of silvers in his net.    George had a nice sized perch, and I was playing catch up.   I could see quite a lot of the lads, who all seemed to be getting a few fish, turning it out to be a very good match.    Even Tonto got his second carp after twenty plus hours of fishing.

Three o'clock came all to soon, and it was all out with the weigh in to come.   Ninja on peg six won overall, with the Wizard second.    I  was second silvers, my bag contained a tench, perch, skimmers, and some good roach.    Danny took my nugget with 19lbs 5ozs to my 18lbs 3ozs.

Today 110lbs of silvers were caught, with six double figure weights, and just under 90lbs of carp; not bad for November.

   On Sunday it's Summerhayes longs, and next Wednesday its Avalon.

                       I want your bodies.

                               Lets catch fish.

                                         Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment