Thursday 2 November 2017

Wednesday 1st November - Emeralds Fishery

We were back at Emeralds today, thirteen of Dad's Army were tooled up and ready for the assault.    George volunteered to do the pegging, and Danny assisted me.

Alan asked if he could check and move the fish we catch at the weigh in.   We decided to fish 10-00 to 3-30, mainly because of the light, and I beleive it will be just five hour matches until the spring.

I collected the cash,  sorted the pools and Alan, so it was onto the draw.   The Golden Peg was three, drawn by Kev, with myself on two, and Chef Pete on one.   Horny tooted the all in, so off we went.   I plumbed my swim,  found the better depth was in short, and decided this was the place to fish.

It was light gear and hook size 20, my usual for silvers, with maggot and caster for hook bait.   At the start I caught roach of various sizes, but it slowed down as time passed, but I managed a couple of crucians which helped.   After three hours the silvers dried up completely and the carp moved in.    At this point I noticed Bend It having a chat with Bad Boy, after ten minutes he walked back to his peg, lifted up his pole and pulled in a plump roach!!!    Is this his new approach to fishing?

At the all out toot, everyone has caught fish; it's was a tough but enjoyable day.   I weighed in just 5lbs 3ozs of silvers, and to my surprise it was good enough to win
The overall went to John with 48lbs 13ozs.  Second was Peter with 39lbs 2ozs.

            On Sunday it's Trinity, and next Wednesday Viaducts.

                     My very large Hot Toddy is sliding down as I write.

                                              Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment