Sunday 3 December 2017

Sunday 3rd December 2017 - Sedges Brick LAke





After a hard week at work i was looking forward to getting out fishing Sunday but we were going to be on the same lake as last week ,and after speaking to lord C in the week  he informed me that it also fished hard on Wednesday with 9 lbs winning....

Saturday afternoon i was going to do a bit of prep and to be honest i wasn’t sure what to do after last week ...i  looked at my kit and i just couldn’t be arsed so just left it in my garage and would make my mind up what to do when i drew my peg . so peg 10 or 11 please!!!

So the first thing when i woke up was to look outside to see if there was a frost and it looked ok so fingers crossed it would fish better today.

I made my way to street for breakfast and the temperature outside was 8 degrees so a lot warmer than last week ... me and lord C got to the sedges early and was greeted by Mr guru tart and i asked if he wanted a pound side bet and he agreed... and then he asked me if i wanted a Preston mega side tray for a tenner so happy days ...

I paid my pools and collected the golden peg money and had a walk round and like last week the wind was cold and blowing from left to right but again peg 10 and 11 looked good "They should scrap Hinkley  point c and replace it with loads of wind turbines as it is always bloody windy in Bridgewater"

The golden pegs today were pegs 9 and 12 and i did say to Danny that they might go today .. the guru tart got peg 9 and roger got 12

Into the basket of dreams and peg 7 was looking at me and i was a happy bunny as i would have the wind over my back and also this is a good area for silvers but would they feed today ??

When i got to my peg i looked over to see who had the hot pegs and i could see  Brian on 10 and tony fry on 11 so i made my mind up to target the silvers today but i did set up a pellet feeder and straight bomb (never used)....but i did think the winner was going to come from pegs 9,10,11,12

I had sir bob on my left on peg 8 (again) and tony on peg 6 and i could also see Danny on 5 !!!

So i was stuck between the pair of old gits who robbed me last week and i was thinking  a rose between 2 thorns!!!  i asked sir bob if he wanted a pound side bet today he said yes young man and then i  was thinking as i sat there that i might be giving him my nugget today as he always gets a few ..but i did feel sorry for sir bob as he was telling me that he only gets £5000 a month pension !!!!!!

I set up a 1gram rig and my plan was to fish 3 areas :

13m with ground bait and maggots

6m with worm and dead reds

13m at 10oclock with  micros and pellet

At the all in i went out on the ground bait line with a  single maggot and a 20 hook and had a bite with in a minute ..then  i hooked a small skimmer and then went out again and hooked a roach so things were looking good ... 15 minutes later i  had a 3lbs bream in the net , And as this was the only line that i could catch on  so i stuck with it ... Over the next few 3 hours i was getting the odd fish and i could see that it was fishing hard again but with bob and Danny also catching  is was going to be close .

I didn’t have a fish in the last hour but could see that roger had 4 or 5 carp in that time and was sure that he would win the golden peg .

Jamie and martin did the scale so thanks for that!  Danny put on 6-14  of silvers and then i put 10-4 to go into the lead and then sir bob put on 7-9  ...then it was the hot pegs and the guru tart on golden peg 9 put on 22-10 to go into the overall lead and informed us that he lost 2 carp ..shame !! and then Brian on peg 10 had 10-2 over on the cold side tony fry had 19-11 on peg 11 and then it was rogers turn on peg 12  and he had 33-4 to win overall and take the golden peg money.
( well done you old dog)


1st overall  roger  33-4                                    1st silvers Steve king  10-4

2nd overall  the guru tart  22-10                   2nd silvers sir bob  7-9                                    

3rd  overall tony fry  19-11                             3rd silvers Danny   6-14


So i paid my pound to the tart and that’s rare for me... and then found sir bob who handed me a new pound coin but  with a pension like his a pound is naff all !!!!


So a better day for some this week and i know i was lucky to draw a good peg with the wind over my back!!! i did feel for the guys who had  the wind in there chops all day ... well for about 10 seconds...

And the day got even better because i listed  a Preston mega side tray on eBay tonight for £39.99 and it sold within 45 minutes so i would like to thank the guru tart!!!

 Next week it is trinity waters so please book in with the “tart” 

No comments:

Post a Comment