Monday 6 November 2017

Sunday 5th November 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

Hi folks, we have a new Sunday Blog Man...... Steve King

The HLS crew were back to the lovely trinity waters today, and with 21 fishing Martin had to think about the pegging but the fantastic Misha had already  done this; thanks!
Golden pegs were picked and they were pegs 19,29

The weather was cold ,windy, and Saturday night Bridgewater had loads of rain so it could be hard !
I asked "Phil guru Beards" if he would like a pound side bet and he agreed !!!!!! he had a few side bets today.  "that’s why he went home early "

A quick  look at the lake and pegs 2,3,6,31,32 had no wind on them and the rest were choppy !!!!! so into the draw bag and I pulled out peg 17 ,a great peg but  would have the wind in my chops all day , it is a good carp peg and with pegs 16,18 not in I was a happy bunny.

Peg 17
Pegs 16 & 18


I asked Misha how the peg was fishing and she told me that last week it was not good but fish have fins.....
My plan was to fish towards  peg 18 and also midway towards peg 16 and a silvers line at 2+3 just in case the carp did not feed and a method rod to fish in the open water

So at the all in I put some ground bait and pinkie on the 2+3 line  and some micros towards peg 18 and maggots towards peg 16,  and out with the method, after a bite less hour on the tip (not to be used again ) it was time to try the pole. I had a look down the edge on the micro line and  it just sat there!!! Ummm, I will catch on the maggot line towards peg 16, ummm NO! ..time for a drink and looking around nobody was catching !!!

Time for the silvers me thinks !!! I put a single red on a 20 and placed it over the ground bait line ummm it just sat there after 20 minute I had a lift bite and a 3oz skimmer in the keepnet .It was hard going but over the next few hours I had a few small skimmers in the net, I didn’t have a bite in the margins all day ?????
As the scales went around, it was obvious it was a very low weight match, Paul and Mike  had sneaked a few better silvers in and I was sure they both beat me but I had just enough ....happy days!

It was a hard day but a close match and to be honest I like that !

And Phil you owe me a nugget !!!!!!! you tart!!!!

1st  overall - Tony n           25-8                                    
1st silvers - Steve k         10-2
2nd overall - Eric                 21-4                                    
2nd silvers - Mike d         9-8
3rd overall - Dick b          16-13                                  
3rd silvers - Paul b            8-3

Next Sunday its Landsend please book in with Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment