Saturday 11 November 2017

Wednesday 8th November 2017 - Viaduct Campbell lake

We had a sharp frost today, with the promise that the temperature would not pass double figures.    So why did I have fifteen of Dad's Army parting with their ackers, laughing and joking, without a hint of complaint?    I must assume they all have some sort of problem with their heads!!!

We were at Viaducts today, the lads were going to tackle Campbell so there was plenty of space.   We didn't expect great weights but knew we would have some fish.    Matt looked after our needs today, he also drew the Golden Peg 115, which was drawn by Tivi, who had Bad Boy George on his right and myself to his left, all fishing for silvers.

Horny tooted and we were off, or should I say The Nasty Sheriff was, he was catching small skimmers and roach, as was Big Bird, they were both on the other side of the lake.   I could not see any carp being caught, and there was very little movement on the surface.    My little marbles were so cold,  I thought I'm in for a gender change?  Dave next door said the cold makes him pee more, as he sidled up to a willow tree;  but there was not a moan from my mate George.

We were finishing to three o'clock, and I thought we were all relieved when the final toot sounded, and Matt arrived with the scales.   I could not see the weigh in taking long, which is unusual at Viaducts, but it had been very tough.

The few carp caught came from the car park end of the lake, with the Wizard winning overall with 43lbs 3ozs, Ninjar was second with 27lbs 7ozs.    The silvers was won by that collector of nuggets Danny who beat Rob by ounces.

Well done you intrepid men of Dad's Army, a successful day under pressure.

    On Sunday it's Landsend, and next Wednesday the platoon will visit Trinity.

                                      Get your longjohns on!

                                                     Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment