Monday 20 November 2017

Sunday 19th November 2017 - Summerhayes Longs lake


19

19/11/2017 SUMMERHAYES LONGS LAKE
I left Frome at 6.45 and it was a cold day again and it looked like it  had rained Saturday night so it could be hard!!! when I got to Bridgewater I stopped to look at the KSD and there was not a breath of wind on the drain and fish topping all over the place, I love the KSD and should make a effort to fish it as it is solid, but I’m just so busy.

I made my way to Summerhayes to see that only 17 were booked in today, I paid my pools and collected the G/P money, spoke to the guys to see if anyone got a free car wash last week from the guru tart only to be told no .........

I went and looked at the lake and was thinking that a draw on the road side would be perfect as my plan was to fish long and feed very little and use 8mm bread punch dobbing so a draw from 24-37 please!!!!!

Golden peg were drawn and it was peg 13 and 23.
So in the bucket of dreams and peg 23 was looking at me !!!! I went to my peg and it had a bit of cover to the left for my dobbing rig so I was happy.





I also set up a rig for the track and a rig to fish the bottom of the far self and one for the margins towards peg 22.

Bait today was bread punch, 6mm meat, 4mm expanders, wetted micros, maggots and pinkie.

On the all in I went out with the dobbing rig thinking it was going to go straight under but no, and after 30 minutes and after searching the far bank I didn’t even have a bite and looking around didn’t see much being caught.

I had a small skimmer and a roach on the track line naff all in the margins and 5 small carp fishing the bottom of the far shelf for a total 16-10 so a bad day at the office.

Dave and Danny helped with the scales (thanks) and we started with the guru tart on peg 2 and he had 19-04 and I was thinking  19lbs might be a good weight today and then Eric had 33 lbs to go into the lead. Danny had 3-3 of white bait to go into the lead on the silvers then we got to Bolton’s finest and he put on 2-13 of white bait (Danny was smiling ....well laughing )  and then we got to Dave on peg 33 and he put on 3-7 of white bait  and 19-10 of carp  so well done D.T


So  the winners were :


1st Eric

2nd Phil the guru tart    (PLAY THE LOTTERY PHIL) "by default"

1st silvers Dave t

2nd silvers Danny


So a hard day but the sun was out so it wasn’t to bad.

Thanks to Pete and all that helped and Next week it is sedges so book in with the tart !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment