Monday 10 July 2017

Sunday 9th July 2017 - Viaduct Campbell Lake

At 5am I rose to let our 4 legged beast out and was greeted by a clear blue sky.... bugger!! Those weather men had promised cloud. I am never a favourite of fishing in bright sunshine.

20 HLS guys turned up at the Viaduct fishery full of enthusiasm for a day on Campbell. The aerator was doing it's best to put oxygen into 'green' water and the scum on the top suggested the south end of the lake would be interesting. All was well organised between Horny, Tony and Kinger and the draw was made 10 mins early as every one was there. Most were favouring a sheltered spot on the east bank and others were taking a brolly for shade.

I needed my brolly as I drew 132, so I was to do battle with the sun and the scum. Before the off I had a few words of advice from local man Colin Dyer and made my number one line to my right under the trees where there was a some shade. Number two line was in front at 11m and third approach was a straight lead to the end bank.

There was a huge amount of fish in evidence and so I also put up a shallow rig for mugging and possible slapping. It turned out to be a hot and frustrating day where the only line that gave me anything was under the trees. 6 bites and 4 carp which I didn't waste Steve's time with at the weigh in.

The only action I could see from my position was Horny opposite, Martin W next to him and then Tony Newell. All of them were getting regular fish but nothing special. Next to me was Danny and he did his usual of putting together a good silvers haul. The winners came from a few pegs up; Steve King taking overall with 94lb 11oz of carp and Paul Bowyer with 41lb of silvers.

On Wednesday it's Shiplate Hawthorns (talk to Bob) and next Sunday it's  Avalon (phone Horny).

No comments:

Post a Comment