Friday 21 July 2017

Wednesday 19th July 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

Today Dad's Army were fishing Woodlands Trinity.  Nineteen of these intrepid anglers were not worried by the thunder and lightning extreme weather warnings!!!  they are the HLS Lads.

Misha, assisted by darling Lily, were looking after the Trinity side, and I did the club business.   The traffic today was worse than usual, so the draw was completed just after nine.   The Golden Peg was 27,which was drawn by Kev.

We made our way to the lake, and got kitted out for the battle to come.   My peg was 14, with the Chef on my left, and Treasure to the right; real good company.

The Nasty Sheriff is having some time off with a bad back, but I was sure Bolton George will accept my nugget in Danny's absence.   I mentioned it was time others stepped up to help with Wednesday's weigh in, as both Danny and myself are both struggling health wise.   This week Rob and George obliged, and when you see the results you will realize they had plenty to do.

My day started disastrously, losing a rig when plumbing up, I got snagged and lost the lot!    Next after setting up my  positive rig, I managed to break the tip of the float.  It was time for the Horny Hedgehog to toot, and I was not anywhere near ready.

I was going for quality not quantity today, and stuck to sweetcorn at five sections.  So in with two small balls of ground bait and some corn, which almost immediately turned the swim into a Jacuzzi, surprise surprise!!!    Even more surprising I had two skimmers in the first quarter of an hour   My day continued with not to many bites, but good fish, including four small tench; lubbly jubbly my favourite species.

   At the weigh in I had 24lbs 14ozs, just short of Bad Boy George, but good enough for second silvers.   It was close for overall, with Ninja having 116lbs 15ozs,  just edging out Tonto who had 113lbs 3ozs.

          Many thanks to Trinity for a great match.

                            On Sunday we visit Sedges Brick,and Wednesday back to Avalon

                                     I could do with more names please

                                                    Keep em coming

                                                            Chair Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment