Monday 17 July 2017

Sunday 16th July 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

Numbers were  slightly lower than our usual visit to this popular fishery, but we managed to attracted 18 of the most ugly specimens for 6 hrs of fishing and stupid banter. These 18 were to be distributed between peg 3 and 30. The golden pegs came out at the higher pegs 27 and 29, Martin Western and Pete Cooke. The favoured peg 5 was drawn, yet again, by Steve King.

I settled into peg 26 and decided to fish for silvers at about 10m and a top kit for the margin. The bait tray held a multitude of offerings including caster, corn and numerous soft and hard pellets. I also tried some paste later on in the match. At the all in I fed the 10m line with silvers mix groundbait laced with caster and a few nuggets of corn and then let that settle while I fished short for any bits and pieces. I got plenty in the margin for 15 mins and my first put in at 10m resulted in a good size skimmer. For the first hour I was getting fish; nothing exciting but I was getting bites. Then it went quiet. Martin on 27 was after carp on the lead and had lots of small carp. Then, his bites dried up. I then scratched around for fish for the rest of the match and ended up with a poor 8lb 14oz.

I could see and hear the activity from me to George on peg 30 and it was obvious that Ninja Searle was catch good size carp bur denying everything. Martin started catching well in the last 1 1/2 hours when he got the carp going on paste at 13m. George was his usual canny self and put together a good silvers weight of 22lb 5oz, including a 'conger' of an eel about 4lb.

At the end, it was the predictable result of Steve King working the magic with the pellet waggler and putting together the top weight of 97lb 14oz. Tony Newell knocked the smile off Georges face when he posted 25lb 10oz for the top silvers. With no Danny today Bob was hoping to keep hold of his nuggets but George out did him for one of his gold specimens.

See the results below....

For Sunday matches ring Horny Phil and Wednesday matches ring Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment