Monday 30 January 2017

Sunday 29th January 2017 - Emerald Pools

Well, there was only one word to describe this match...... DAMP!!

We all knew the forecast but this didn't deter the mad men of HLS to assembly at the Emerald Pools. Emerald and Sapphire were our lakes for the day whilst another club had Ruby. I have always enjoyed this venue, let's hope the rain wouldn't kill my mood. Chairman Bob pegged 20 swims and the moaning began, lol.

There is plenty of silvers at this venue and that was how I decided to spend my day. I got peg 16 and that turned out to be on Emerald, by the fir trees that separate Emerald and Ruby. I had a lot of water in front of me and any carp man would immediately target the reeds in front. I decided on a nice easy line in front of me at 10m. I have a couple of rigs that are mainly used at this venue with the water being a maximum of 3 ft deep. My bait tray contained 4mm soft pellets; some with strawberry flavour and some normal. I also had bread and maggots. I did try small pieces of paste for 10 mins but it didn't offer anything different.

I got myself all set up and under the brolly ready for a day in the rain. From the first put in, I caught small skimmers and roach. This was the scene for the rest of the day. I did have a small common and crucian  and I tried increasing the bait size to get better fish but it wasn't to be anything other than the skimmers and roach. It turned out that I was fortunate with my lot because many of the others struggled. I couldn't see much at all during the day and so it was only at the weigh in that the days' stories came out.

As you'll see, the score sheet got a bit soggy so these are the results:-

1st Overall - Eric Searle
1st Overall Silvers - Paul Bowyer...... And another golden peg pot!!

Emerald 1st Overall - Neil W
Emerald 1st Silvers - Danny

Sapphire 1st Overall - Shane
Sapphire 1st Silvers - Pete

MESSAGE FROM BOB!!!!

As from Sunday 29th January BOOKING FOR MATCHES ON SUNDAY WILL BE WITH PHIL BEARDS
Telephone 01278 425305  or 07879410735.

WEDNESDAYS BOOK WITH BOB AS USUAL   01278683243

I would like to thank all those who stopped to help me on Sunday when my car sadly rolled to a halt and died, especially that nice charming sweet Sheriff Danny!!!! who arranged a trailer to transport said car to a garage.   Let's hope Sylvie, that's my passed away car, will reach the happy knackers yard in the sky.  AMEN TO THAT.

That does not mean I'm not upset with that nasty old  Sheriff, who took another nugget from my pocket, I have heard reports he was seen getting measured for a suit, paying for it in pound coins??

See you Wednesday at Avalon 9-00 o'clock draw

                             Chair Bob





No comments:

Post a Comment