Thursday 2 February 2017

Wednesday 1st February 2017 - Avalon

Today 12 of "F" Platoon Dad's Army were on parade all kitted up, and ready to assault this very good lake.   Chris is looking after us today, so I selected the pegs and the Golden Peg number 7.   The money collected, Avalon paid, and it was ready for the draw.   George was back to normal when he got peg 4, saying I've got no chance and would be going home for lunch.   Bend It got the Golden Peg.

Off down the bank they marched, starting to load and check their weapons, mixing and checking their ammunition,  I felt quite sorry for the fish.

I drew 13 with Tony Newell to my right and Dave Allen three pegs to my left.   I felt confident I would see quite a few fish caught, but not by myself.   When Tony and Dave started using their landing nets and I was catching white bait, I was not surprised, but was quite happy fishing in good company.

Danny got my nugget, another payment towards his new suit,  but the winner of the silvers with 19lbs 8ozs was Dave Allen who, like myself, had been having a lean time of late.   Well done Dave.   Pete (he who can do no wrong) weighed in 79lbs 5ozs of carp winning by a distance.

Today was really good, with all the lads catching, even Bend It couldn't say Bob didn't catch 2lbs.  Another plus was the wife's car, it made it there and back.  Thank you Marilyn.  The full results are below.

                     On Sunday it's Shiplate......Phone HORNY on 01278425305 or his mobile 07879410735.

                                  Next Wednesday Viaducts Spring,  phone BOB  01278683243

                                                       Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment