Monday 23 January 2017

Sunday 22nd January 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

The weather continues to make life uncomfortable and the fish scarce, but not for all of us, as can be seen by the results.   Twenty of us were on parade, some of whom looked a little reluctant,  hoping perhaps the lake would be frozen as it was on Saturday, but today it was looking good and highly fishable.

Treasure took the money, I picked the pegs, so it was all ready for the draw.  The Golden Pegs were 9 and 27, The King got 9 and I got 27,  I fished between George and Horney, and was not feeling very confident.

At the moment there is a lot of chat, so while I had 20 present I took the oportunity to assure the lads I would be continuing to run the club until either, unable to, or requested to stand down.    So let's stop gossip and rumouring, and get on with enjoying our fishing and social life.  ENOUGH SAID.

At 9-45 Horney tooted for all in and it was not long before fish were being caught, but not in great quantities.  My day was as I thought, so with little caught, I did not weigh in; but I was not alone .  At the all out toot my gear was already in the car, and I was standing by with the scales, The Sheriff came to my aid, so we got on with it.   There was not much to do until we got to peg 15 and Tony Newell, who seemed to have hogged all the carp.   He had two nets with 98lbs 4ozs!!   which made me think what happened to the rest of us,  as the next weight was 15lbs 9ozs.

        I enjoyed the day and look forward to Sedges on Wednesday, and Emeralds next Sunday.

                         You all know what to do, ring 01278683243


                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment