Thursday 26 January 2017

Wednesday 25th January 2017 - Sedges Canal

There was another hard frost with lots of ice on the surface, but this did not stop ten intrepid men of Fish Troop Dad's Army.   James was back from his holiday, nicely browned to a crisp and showing lots of photos of various fish of humungous sizes he had caught in Thailand.

I walked the lake with Bend It, we decided pegs 49 to 59 had less ice, and although we were close together might fish better.   I collected the money and completed the business,  so it was off to the draw.   A couple of the lads were going to be late due to traffic problems, but we got on with it.

I drew peg 55 which was not the best, Bend It was on my right with Graham to the left.   I shouted "Get on with it" (my favourite saying) and off we went.   First chuck and Bend It had a nice chub, and I thought this might be OK, but alas for me it was not to be, I had to struggle for two small fish.   There were some very good weights caught considering the weather conditions, and the sun did shine on us.

Venue expert George won with 14lbs 9ozs of skimmers and chub,  and that Bad Old Sheriff won silvers.   I don't mind these two GENTLEMEN!! winning, but when Danny showed me his new boots he said he had bought with my nuggets, and George was giving me some lip, plus Bend It reminding everyone I hadn't caught 2lbs AGAIN?   I said he who laughs last had caught the most fish.  Beware of embarrassed angler.

                      A great day lads, see you all at Emeralds on Sunday and Avalon next Wednesday.

                                                         Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment