Thursday 1 September 2016

Wednesday 31st August 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

There were twelve of Dad's Army all fit, equipment checked and ready for battle to commence.  

Ian and Dee had the task of keeping the lads under control, and making sure they obeyed the rules;  not a  job I would like.!!   The peg numbers were selected, Dee picked the golden peg number 9, and the money business was completed.   The lake and swims were looking good, and a great match was in prospect,  so we all got on with it.

At the draw Tonto got the golden peg, and George peg 16, he was not moaning until Tungsten drew the end peg 19.   Tungsten is drawing well and fishing likewise.  Sheriff drew peg 3, and was not so happy, thinking that it's another nugget lost!!   I was on peg 5 with "The Burb" on my right and Spurs Lambert to my left.  A rose between two thorns?

At the start I was thinking steady feed at five metres with corn, caster, and groundbait, to see what happened.   I have been told paste is the bait of the moment, but I'm not good at this method, but I'll have to master it, it's just a lack of confidence. 

Everyone seemed to be catching fish from the all in.   I had lots of indications before starting getting skimmers and bream on corn.   Alas it only lasted an hour, then it was back to very little not often, until the last hour and a half.   One bit of excitement in the calm, was a 11lbs 12oz carp pulling my old arms out, but safely landed.

At the weigh in Robot Duck quacked again with his usual 81lbs plus, just pipping Tonto who had 77lbs.  Tungsten did the business on peg 19, getting 46lbs 4ozs of good silvers, with myself a long way back coming second with 26lbs 2ozs, but with two nuggets in my deep pockets.

It was a really good day, with plenty of good fishing and banter, to put it politely!!

Next it's Viaducts Cary on Sunday, and Wednesday next Shiplate Hawthorns.

                        Cheers and Bottoms up (Horny)

                                              Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment