Thursday 15 September 2016

Sunday 4th September 2016 - Viaduct Cary Lake

Confucious reigned on Sunday, and had me wondering what had I got wrong!  It turned out to be nothing unusual, I had just put the same name down twice on the start sheet!! This meant I had one peg left in the tin after the draw, so had me looking everywhere for the invisible man;  my eyesight isn't that good at the best of times.

Anyway everyone was happy, and after the buisness was completed, I returned the sheet to Badger and tried to explain the above, it was impossible, have you ever tried speaking to a badger?

I drew peg 94, and was quiet happy.   I intended fishing the margins with caster trying to avoid the Beasties, and protect my gear.  Tungsten was to my left followed by George.  Across from me I had Shane and the Sheriff, so all good silver anglers nearby.   From the off, that was Horny's toot, I was catching small fish, but after a while George was taking a "powder room break" told me Tungsten was getting bream and looking good, then Tungsten was telling me he was not as good as George!!  does anyone tell the TRUTH?   I was sticking to my plan, head down and catch the "White Bait" and trust the scales at the end.

At the weigh in George had 28lbs, was smiling and looking confident.  Tungsten had 25lbs 10ozs and said  " I told you so".  When caching small fish I'm never sure, but as I lifted my net out of the water I was thinking of my reply to all the untruths I had listened to.   Badger gave me a hand and read the scales at 36lbs 5ozs, he even said some complimentary words! I just thought of the nuggets in my pocket.

The carp boys had a good day, with Ninja Searle on top with 154lbs 1oz.

It was another good day for the club, and many thanks to the Badger team for looking after us.


                                   Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment