Friday 30 September 2016

Wednesday 28th September - Avalon Fisheries

Fourteen of Dad's Army trooped out to attack this great venue,  which is full of all the species we like catching.   Ian and his wife looked after our needs, I had already commented about the grass being cut, and how good it all looked on this very natural looking water.

There was lots of chat mainly about George giving Bend It some waterproofs, which alas were his good ones, not those intended!!!   Tungsten said he should have gone to Spec Savers.

I selected the pegs to be fished, the golden peg was 3, and we made the draw.  I got peg 16, with Kev to my left, and Simon Garbutt a couple of empty pegs away to my right (Good to have you back Simon).

It was the five metre line for me today, fishing caster corn and worm over the top, there was a nice ripple on the water, and it all looked good.

I shouted the all in, and started on the plan, feeding little but often, after an hour trying all the baits without success, I was scratching the old wooden block; I was getting plenty of indications, so in desperation I put a single red maggot!! and the fish started to come, if only slowly.  What do I know about fishing??

I was happy, and when Ian walked up behind me asking how I was doing, I told him okay.   I was bumping fish, but then I latched on to a nice lump, and into the net went a bream at 4lbs plus, sadly it was the only one.

16-00 hours, all out, pack up, and weigh in.   I was pleasantly surprised with 19lbs 2ozs, enough for second silvers.   Tungsten was on a roll with 21lbs 6ozs.   Tonto took overall with 12lbs 13ozs. It was a very good match.   Full results below.

             Sunday its Trinity and next Wednesday Viaducts Match Lake.

                                    Keep soldiering on


                                                         Chair Bob (PFC)


No comments:

Post a Comment