Monday 19 September 2016

Sunday 18th September 2016 - Shiplate Main Lake

Sunday 18th September and here we were at Shiplate, with just 15 of the lads fishing, but this meant plenty of space on the lake.  George brought photographs he took on our away day; you can imagine some of the comments as everyone compared the works of art on display, there were no Adonis to be seen!!

We were looked after by Steve and Carole, so everything ran smoothly with pegs selected and two Golden Pegs out of the hat this time.

The draw was next and Tonto got Golden Peg 4 and The King 14A.   I was sandwiched between Robot Duck on 1 and relegated George on 3, what had I done to deserve that?

It was a busy match for myself, catching lots of small fish for 22lbs 2ozs of silvers.   Even though the carp did not show in great numbers there was great sport had with the silvers, as the results show.

Stan the Man was the exception to the rule on the flyer peg 15 with 122lbs of mostly carp to win overall.   The King won silvers with 30lbs 4ozs and the Golden Peg,  I was not very happy, but at least the money was not out of my wallet like the last time!!!

I have given my regards and best wishes for a swift recovery for Di, Dave Allen's better half.   We have all seen Di on the venues with Dave, and I am sure I am speaking on behalf of us all when I said Get Well Soon.    Di was taken ill early on Sunday morning.

         This week on Wednesday it's Trinity and Sunday Viaducts Scary Cary.

                                                Let's get em

                                                           Chair Bob


P.S.   I am taking names and money for the "Fur and Feather" on December 18th at Emeralds.   Please remember all the prizes and hampers have to be paid for, which is the reason for starting now.  Thanks lads.


No comments:

Post a Comment