Monday 19 September 2016

Wednesday 14th September 2016 - Sedges Tile Lake

A dozen good men were on parade for Dad's Army on a lovely warm day, with very little wind;  ideal conditions.    Jamie selected the pegs, and Denise picked the golden peg number 37, which was worth a few bob.

All the business completed and it was time for the most important part of the match, sticky fingers into the draw bag!!!.   It was the worst scenario,  Robot Duck got the Golden Peg 37, and I drew the corner peg 21, which is traditionally an out and out carp peg, but never mind we will do our best.
I particularly like this time of the year. the trees and rushes are fully grown giving everyone their own private space with no distractions.

Treasure is on my left, he's a carp man so I had a lot of water to myself.   At 10 o'clock I shouted all in, and started with a cup of my ground bait mix; the chosen line was nine metres, there were lots of bubbles at that distance, but what species were making them??  A couple of minutes passed then the float moved and I had my first skimmer about 1lb.  I was using corn which is my favorite bait for bream, especially at this venue.  I was then in for a lovely surprise. all through the match those slimies I like to catch turned up at regular intervals, resulting in 40lbs of silvers, which was enough to win silvers.   My only scaley weighed around 9lbs, which I gently returned to the water.

As usual at Sedges everyone caught plenty of fish, and had a good day.   Thank you Jamie.

That wiley quacker Robot Duck won overall and the Golden Peg,  just beating Wee Dram Willie.   The full results are below.

                   Sunday it's Shiplate Main and next Wednesday Trinity Woodlands.

                                                Keep it tight

                                                          Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment