Thursday 25 August 2016

Wednesday 24th August 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

We had a good turnout with 14 of Dad's Army on muster parade, all ready to part with their cash and try their luck on what promised to be a great day weatherwise.

Misha opened up for us and with the help of Lilly provided us with tea and coffee, we were then ready for business.   I collected the money and selected the pegs to be fished.   Baby Lilly chose the golden peg 23, and it was time for the draw.   Bolten George got lucky and reckoned he would win by a distance.  We all know what happens to blokes who boast!!!

Off to the bank, I was on peg 6 with Spod Coombs on my left and looking forward to a quiet match.  There were fish blowing,  but were they bream OR big scaleys?   I had a lazy day with five sections at the most.  I fed sweetcorn, caster, and my groundbait mix.

I shouted the all in and fed a small amount starting with the corn, after 15 minutes I had one carp in the net and lost two.   I decided to stay with the corn feeding in small amount regularly, this is often the method I prefer using cupping gear for accuracy.   I started to catch small skimmers with an occasional quality fish until about halfway through, then things went quiet, so I changed to worm and a few more entered the net, but very slowly. so it was back to the corn.  The last hour was more productive, and at the weigh in  I was just short of 20lbs, plus a few carp,   A good days fishing.

Sheriff , Tony N and myself did the weighing, and when we came to George there was a smug look on his face,  his tongue was out,  and he was oozing confidence   He weighed in with 20lbs 1oz, just 6ozs more the me,  OH DEAR.   Tungsten was next and he became everyone's best mate when he weighed 26lbs 13ozs.  Well done Dave.

There was a lot of fish caught, the complete results are below.

                     Next Sunday its Shiplate Main, and Wednesday Avalon

                                  It's good to fish.


                                           Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment