Thursday 18 August 2016

Wednesday 17th August 2016 - Landsend Match Lake

It was going to be a hot day weather-wise. we hoped it would be the same for the fishing.

Ten of Dad's Army were on parade, so we had five on each side of the lake, so plenty of room for everyone.   They were all good pegs I picked them myself?   I paid Di and she drew peg 21 for the golden peg.    So all the business was done it was back to the lads to make the draw," Graham the Burb" drew the golden peg, so it was off to our positions.

I drew peg 2 with Tonto on my left and Robot Duck on my right.   Kev was across the lake on 23 looking very comfy with lots of weapons set up!! but had he got the ammo?  

Again I was going for the silvers, there were a mix of bream, roach, and crucians here , but the hardest part was avoiding those greedy carp who will take any bait.   I shouted the all in and we got underway.   After half an hour Tonto had lost two feeders and was mumbling, not under his breath, I tried to cheer him up with a verse of Old McDonald but got a lot of abuse, sorry.

As I thought, from all the activity in the water, the carp were hungry, anyway that's my excuse for only catching 12lbs 9ozs of silvers, plus 37lbs of unwanted carp.

George had an eventful day, he broke two sets of top sections and lost three rigs, but said he was "NOT MOANING"

Overall a good match, everyone catching fish.   That wily old QUACKER came out tops again, who's going to beat him??

Full results below.

On Sunday it's Viaducts Campbell,  and Wednesday Trinity Woodlands.

                                   Good fishing

                                                      Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment