Thursday 4 August 2016

Wednesday 3rd August 2016 - Sedges Tile Lake

Twelve of Dad's Army on parade at Sedges on Tile, all smartly turned out ready for duty.  Denise was dishing out drinks, while Jamie sorted out his balls with the peg numbers on.

We had no Treasure today, he was on husbandly duties, a special birthday for a special wife. I trust his wallet was lighter at the end on the day;  I hope they had a good one.

I collected the money and paid Jamie, after which we made the draw.   Spod Coombs, brother of Tonto, drew the golden peg number 29, and we all marched off to take up our positions on the front line.

I was quite happy with my draw on peg 32, I had Tonto to my right and Ninja to my left.  My usual tactics for silvers here at this time of year is sweetcorn over groundbait, with small cubes of meat for back up, which was not needed today. 

The all in sounded, it was not long before skimmers were entering the net at regular intervals, and I was having a good day.   I had two very welcome visitors, the first was Chris Rossiter to tell me he had a new set of wheels, and so Rosso Mafia would be back in action.   The second was Bend it with Bendell, who is suffering with back problems which will prevent him from fishing until cured. All Dad's Army wish you a complete recovery Mike, and soon back with us as your company is missed.

A strong wind was making our side of the lake difficult, but at the weigh in results showed we had done rather well.

Robot Duck was top with 130lbs, Ninja 2nd with 118lbs 2ozs, and Tonto 3rd with 111lbs 4ozs .  I topped with sivers with 45lbs 4ozs, Sheriff 2nd with 29lbs, and Bolton George 3rd with 28lbs 6ozs.    The full results are below, well done everybody. 

On Sunday its Avalon, on Wednesday a visit to Trnity, and Sunday 14th we are at Summerhays Longs.

                                       Enjoy your Fishing

                                                    Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment