Thursday 9 June 2016

Wednesday 8th June 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

We were at Avalon Fishery on Wednesday 8th June; fifteen of Dad's Army were on parade ready to improve on Sunday's effort at the same venue,   Ian, the hairy one, was in charge of the fishery pegging and weighing in.   We were allocated the high numbers on the opposite side to normal, which made a nice change.

I took the money, selected the golden peg number 43  and paid Ian. Then for the draw, surprise surprise I picked GP 43, the first time ever!   So off to the bank to make all the decisions about where, and what baits.  On my left is Kev who, at 60 something, has fallen in love again, so he is more dizzy than usual !!!   and to my right is Bill Parker.

I started at eleven metres feeding both margins, after 45 minutes of struggling  I began  fishing the right hand margin, which started to produce fish, skimmers up to 1.0lbs.   While I had been doing this, Kev has managed to hook a big lump, breaking his new rod when It went under his platform.   Let this be a lesson to you all you would be ROMEOS, stick to fishing.

I had a pleasant day, catching a good amount of fish, but not half as much as Walsall John, who I saw regularly exercising hsi landing net.   Time passed quickly, and I was reluctant to call the ALL OUT, but 4 o'clock  had arrived.  

At the weigh in Robot Duck topped the ton to win, with Tonto a distant second; well done Pete.   The silvers were an eye opener, with four anglers weighing over 40lbs.  Sheriff Danny had 45lbs 4ozs, Walsall John 44lbs 13ozs, and Martin with 41lbs 4ozs.

Many thanks to Avalon for a great match. 

Sunday its Shiplate and next Wednesday Sedges.

                               See you there 

                                         Chair Bob 

1 comment:

  1. If an 11 lb bream is a skimmer to you, what on earth do you call a lump?

    ReplyDelete