Monday 13 June 2016

Sunday 12th June 2016 - Shiplate Canals

Today is the first anniversary of HLS Angling:  I would like to congratulate all our members for the way they have achieved this in the spirit of friendly competition;  long may it continue.

The two canals were fished. so it was two matches with two golden pegs.

While Treasure collected the money I had a chat with our host Steve, sorted the pegs to be used and drew the golden pegs.  Then came the draw   We had no complaints, Sheriff Danny drew 1 golden peg, and Stan the other. So it was good luck to everyone and lets get to it!

I drew peg 12 on Hawthorns and was quite happy.  On my left was Big Bird, and to my right Steve the King.  My plan was to avoid the carp, fish down the track for skimmers,  the near margin for crucians and others.  At the start just one small cup mixed feed in front, and small amounts of loose feed in the margin.   The plan worked to begin with, albeit slowly, with five small skimmers in the net.   Switching to the inside, two more skimmers and some good roach.   This was how my day continued, with some very quiet spells    The King on my right was having a very busy day, with loads of splashing spoiling my peace.   From what I could hear and see, it looked like it was going to be very close at the scales, which is what match fishing is all about: and so the results showed.

On Westpool, Tony Newall on hot peg 15 came out on top overall, while a surprised Ninja Searle won the silvers.   On Hawthorns The King won overall, and I the silvers by only 1oz from Sausage Bowyer..   There were lots of good weights with three over the 100lbs.   The Silvers did not do so well, mainly because of the carp activity??  Full results below.

On Wednesday its Sedges, followed by Avalon next Sunday..PLEASE phone a.s.a.p this is very important as I need to inform Jamie and Vic of numbers.

                                              Good fishing

                                                         Chair Bob

P.S  I must  apologise to Tivi Dave, I missed putting his name down last week with a weight of 43lb 8ozs, Bob had written it in but I missed it out    Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment