Thursday 16 June 2016

Wednesday 15th June 2016 - Sedges Tile

Dad's Army HLS at the Sedges fishing Tile Lake on what turned out to be a very very wet day.   Fourteen put their paws into the draw bag, but the golden peg was not drawn, at the redraw peg 23 came out and Tungstan Dave got lucky.

I drew peg 38, on my left was in form Tivi Dave, and to my right Martin Coombs plus his dog Flo, who I am sure  gives him advice.   I shouted the all in a bit early and battle started.   The lads loaded their hooks and checked their ammo, caster, sweetcorn, meat and pellets etc. ready for the attack.   Tivi on my left is soon catching fish, denying at least 50% of them, and I thought he was one of the more honest!!   The rain persisted, and my brolly was up and down like a fiddler's elbow. As time passed I was catching a few fish, I said a little prayer to him in charge, hoping the rain will cease in time for the weigh in, which Danny and I will be doing.

4 o'clock and all out.    I had a good day's fishing, and we had a lot of help with the weigh, thank you   There were plenty of fish caught, with an even match for silvers and overall.  Tungsten won the golden peg and the silvers, and Bill "wee dram" Parker won overall.   Well done to everyone and thanks to Jamie.

Next Sunday its Avalon and Wednesday next its Trinity, I look forward to both,cheers.

                                                  Chair Bob


P.S. Pick up the phone please!!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment