Thursday 2 June 2016

Wednesday 1st June 2016 - Viaduct Match Lake

Wednesday at Match Lake Viaduct was the venue or Dad's Army on the 1st of June.   Thirteen of the lads turned out, most were looking for the silvers, but also for sport with the Fls which are plentiful in this lake.

No Treasure today, so I relieved the lads of their cash and completed the paperwork.  Badger sorted the pegs and drew the golden peg number 41, so all set for the draw;  Cockerel Lambert drew lucky, first one out of the hat, I waited until last, and drew peg 46 which was a new area for me.  I had Graham Burb on my left and Sheriff Danny on my right, so plenty to keep my eye on.   My intention was to fish caster at about ll metres, so I  put in a small amount of my usual mix to begin with , and a single maggot on light rig to get fish in the net.   This didn't take long, so on to caster, with regular feeding of small amounts of groundbait caster and sweetcorn.   I caught roach and small skimmers, with an occasional bonus fish, this mixed with half a dozen F1s made a very pleasant day's fishing.;  this,  plus a lot of abuse and banter with Danny, what more could a bloke want.  Full results of a very close match are below.

Two trips to Avalon next, one on Sunday, and again next Wednesday.  No restriction on numbers, so do the right thing and phone early.

                                                Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment