Tuesday 7 June 2016

Sunday 5th June 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

It was Sunday, and a fine day with the prospect of some good fishing.   26 of the lads turned out,  and there was plenty of talk about the draw.   Vic sorted the peg numbers, and the golden peg was number 3.   I took the names and numbers, and we all set out to make our preparations.

I drew peg 20, and was well pleased.   I heard no moans, so everyone must have been reasonably happy.  The fish were blowing close in, and I thought sweetcorn on the hook and a good bag.  An hour passed and not a bite!  Dave Allen on my left started catching skimmers averaging 2lbs, while Bagger Meakin to my right  caught from the off on the waggler.   I phoned my wife, this is useuly a good way to start catching, it worked, and I caught a very small skimmer, it was a beginning, but it was not going to be my day.   Dave did well to my left, next to him was " Bend it" fishing with a hangover, catching a lot of small fish.

At the end of the day Treasure won overall, just pipping Woolly Neil by 11ozs.   The silvers were even closer with Beaker Davis 1oz ahead of Dave Allen.   The full results below.

On Wednesday we return to Avalon, and next Sunday its 2 canals at Shiplate .  There is plenty of room on both.


                                                         Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment