Monday 27 June 2016

Sunday 19th June 2016 - Avalon Fisheries

It was grey and overcast with light rain for most of the match, but this did not deter 24 of our members.   We had pegs from 6 to 40, as selected by Vic. The golden peg was 36 drawn by Graham Burbridge.

I drew peg 38 next to Sheriff Danny to my left and Tony Newell to my right.   My main bait was sweetcorn, fishing for bream.  Most of the lads were fishing with soft pellet or sweetcorn for silvers,  and banded pellet or paste for the carp.   Horny, back from holiday, sounded off with a toot, and the action began.   Two lines for myself, the first at eleven metres, the other to my right hand margin.   I started with a small amount of feed to each.   I just couldn't get my float to sit right, and spent twenty minutes adjusting shot and rechecking depth, when at last I was satisfied everyone had already caught fish, so I thought it was time for a porkpie and meditation!!   It was then time to catch up and I started to catch fish.   There was a lot of chat going on, you could tell Horney was back, and everyone seemed to be enjoying the day.   I soon got tired of the swim at eleven metres, and came back to eight where I had put some feed, this paid dividends with some decent skimmers.  It went quiet so it was into the margins for the rest of the match .   I guess I am getting lazy in my dotage, for at the weigh in I missed out by a couple of pounds.

The results were as follows:-

1st Overall                   Ninja Searle                              75lbs  7ozs                         Peg 21
2nd    "                        Treasure Fry                             57lbs  0ozs                         Peg 6
3rd     "                        Wooly Woolaston                     47lbs  6ozs                         Peg 12
                   
1st Silvers                   Great Western                           22lbs l0ozs                         Peg 30
2nd    "                        Tivi Harvy                                  21lbs 8ozs                          Peg  7
3rd     "                        Tungsten Tunstall                      20lbs 12ozs                        Peg 32               

Well done to everyone, the next matches are Wednesday  Trinity and Sunday Viaduct Campbell

                                                   Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment