Friday 26 February 2016

Wednesday 24th February 2016 - Sedges Brick Lake

The ground was white over after a cold frosty night, I wondered if the fourteen members of "Dads Army" had turned out equiped for this?  The good thing was, no wind and a lovely sunny day, making it a much more comfortable day than of late

While Jamie sorted out his balls!! Denise made hot drinks for the lads, and Treasure collected the dosh, so all the buisness was sorted in time for the draw, and not a moan to be had;  I was sure I had brought George!!

I was drawn peg 12, between Tonto on my right, and John, the oldest swinger in town, on my left, so if they got lucky it could have been a splashy old time with the carp.  On the way to my peg I stopped to watch Kev assemble his box, after five attempts without success, I'm thinking this is a chap who once taught our kids, but it could have been showmanship, what an entertaner!

The match was won by Tonto with 89lbs 6ozs of carp, and the silvers by Robot Duck Pete with a good weight of 30lbs 10ozs.

Ross, our blog artist, has deserted us for a few days in the sun, so if the reports are late, may the blame lie heavily on his shoulders.

Sunday it's Landsend, and next Wednesday Viaducts, rearanged to Campbell


                                        See you there
                                                                Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment