Monday 1 February 2016

Sunday January 31st 2016 - Shiplate main lake

With the weather rather inclement, with strong winds and light rain, it looked like a typical tough winter day's fishing coming up.   The match was going to be decided by the draw bag;  the west bank out of the wind with comfortable fishing, the others cold and windswept.

The draw was taken, and as I wrote names against numbers it was bad news for me, I didn't have to open my slip to know I had peg 6a, putting me between the Sheriff and Tony Newall.   Horny sounded off sometime between 9-45 and 9-50 and we were underway.

Danny, fishing the waggler,  was into skimmers from the start, but as the wind increased and feeding became impossible, they dried up he struggled.   My peg was producing lots of small roach, but I did manage 7lbs of silvers, a slight improvement on recent weeks, but not good enough.

This was the fourth week of the golden peg, and for the first time it wasn't won, Steve the King will have to buy a money box to store the nugget in!

Dave Allen drew peg 15, he couldn'at catch carp so pulled in 15lbs of silvers instead.  Mike Davis on peg 1 kept on leting the carp escape, so he just missed out on framing.

So the end product of a tough but good day can be seen on the sheet  below.

Wednesday its Avalon with room for more.  Sunday: Sedges Brick; no more room


No comments:

Post a Comment