Thursday 18 February 2016

Wednesday 17th February 2016 - Emerald Pools

Here we go again F Company "Dads Army" preparing to assault Sapphire and Ruby !!!!  George and I arrived first, and set about pegging, eight pegs per lake, it all looked pretty good, no rain as yet.

Back to the car park, and the lads were arriving with our Treasure, the bank manager, prepared to take anything he could  get his hands on for pools and fishery payments.   15 was the number for today, another good turnout considering the weather forecast.   It stayed dry for the draw and setting up, the rain came about midday, and persisted for the rest of the day, but this did not stop fish being caught, although some areas were difficult.

I drew peg seven, which was between Tivi Dave and Bolton George, a rose between two thorns?   The other side of George was Robot Duck Pete, you could call us the gang of four.   I shouted out the all in, and we got down to business.   This was a new area for me, I was told to expect the carp to take my gear into the stick ups.   It was very shallow, and the plan was feed caster fish maggot for silvers on the edge of the stick ups.  At the first put in of my float (just 3 No. 10s to cock it) my first carp sped off into the rushes, no gear lost, a miracle.   Tivi next to me started catching roach,and I got hopeful, sure enough a steady stream of roach and rudd entered the keep net, could this be a change of fortune I asked myself. 

Halfway through the match George pointed across the lake, and there was a pair of legs stuck up in the air, not to worry, it was only Kev doing his party trick to entertain the troops.   A polite inquiry about the state of his health brought the reply  "I'm okay I just fell off my box" out of his tree more like!!  

The match ended, and the weights were pretty good,  on our lake Saddler Barker from Walsall did well 31lbs 4ozs, I got 2nd with 29lbs 12ozs and won the silvers by default.  Bolton George was slaughtered on either side by Robot Duck and myself, I must say he lost half the tackle shop of gear, Steve the  Kedge will be rubbing his hands.

Sapphire was won by Dave Tunstall with 49lbs 8ozs , with the Sheriff Danny taking the silvers.

Sunday at Shiplate and Wednesday Sedges Brick.

                                       Cheers
                                                     Chair Bob (Acker to his mates)

No comments:

Post a Comment