Monday 8 February 2016

Sunday 7th February 2016 - Sedges Brick Lake

After a moist Saturday, the HLS gang assembled to do battle with Brick Lake at Sedges. Unfortunately they had to overcome the very moist conditions at the lake....


However, 20 pegs and 20 anglers braved the cold windy day, with rain expected; sounds like another perfect day!!  The lads had their tea and coffee, and all the usual chat took place before we had the draw.  Peg 12 was the Golden Peg and Beaker Davis had the privilege.   I drew next door peg 11, which is generally a carp peg, not what I wanted.   I thought the hardest part of my day would be the trudge through the mud, this was wishful thinking because the wind blew strong and cold into my corner all day.   I decided, considering the conditions and peg, the tip with straight lead would be the best option, WRONG!!!  after 4 hours, one bite, one small  roach I decided to pack up, my only good decision.

When Horny tooted for all out at 3:00, I was ready with the paperwork, while Jamie did the weighing.  It became obvious that most of the fish were keeping to the middle of the lake, but some good weights were caught considering the conditions.


The full results below.


No comments:

Post a Comment