Monday 29 February 2016

Sunday 28th February 2016 - Landsend

21 Anglers entered to fish using 3 banks, 2 banks of match one on the specimen lake.   About a dozen took advantage of the breakfast facilities newly provided by Di and Mike,  and all agreed it was very good and would be using it regularly in the future.  

Mike sorted the pegging, treasure sorted the money, that left just the draw to be done and gear to be humped.   A north easterly blowing making it very cold, plus a match the day before, not the most encouraging conditions for big weights. 

I drew peg 18 with the King to my right (144lbs on Saturdays match) ad to my left Beaker Davis.   Horny tooted and the match got underway.   Dick Hurford on peg 1-3 the flyer has a carp in five minutes, then Beaker caught a tench, this was his first and last bite of the day.   I sat quietly eating a doughnut and watched my float go under, that was the first one missed.   Tonto on golden peg 24 started catching carp, but otherwise it was very slow.   I caught my first fish after two hours, it was a nice skimmer;  I played the waiting game, and was rewarded by eight more, plus a nice perch and two roach which weighed in at 20lbs3ozs, a good catch under the circumstances.

Most of the blokes just wanted to hear Horny toot for the finish, as it had been a cold cold grueller.   Well done to Tonto overall winner and golden peg winner,  that's two wins on the trot.

Next Wednesday its Viaducts Campbell, then Sunday at Trinity Woodlands.

                                 Get on the phone.   I shall be away from the 9th March for five weeks contact Tony  or Danny until I return. blog    Tony 07506472745    Danny 01278457022

                                       Chair Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment