Friday 26 February 2016

Sunday 21st February 2016 - Shiplate main lake

We were fishing the main lake and everyone wants a high draw.   Seventeen got to the car park, unpacked, and made their excuses for not winning even before they started, obviously not full of confidence!!!   Treasure took the money, Steve sorted out the seventeen pegs to be used, and we were ready for the off.

I drew peg eight, not the best place for what I wanted, I just needed to try a bit harder.   Horny toots the all in, and I cup fed out towards the aereator, where I was assured some fish resided;  after 3/4 hour I decided  I had been told a lot of porkies, so I went back to five sections and more feed, and a few small fish obliged.  After another three hours I was desperate, so I mixed more groundbait, which I lumped in generously.  Good move I thought when a skimmer entered the net, but alas the carp turned up intent on ruining my light gear.  My end result was 6lbs12ozs silvers and 16lbs12ozs, not a bad day all things considered, I have to be happy with that.

The Shiplate gang weighed us in, and as expected peg 15 weighed in 94lbs 8ozs caught by Martin Great Western.  The silvers was won by The King with 32lbs 6ozs from peg 13, Bolton George on the golden peg 11 was second with 17lbs 12os.

The highlight of the day was Kev, getting his first monetary return with the club, coming second overall; well done Kev, it couldn't happen to a better bloke, I'm sure the pub landlord appreciated his windfall.

            Wednesday i'ts Sedges, and next Sunday Landsend so get your names in, pick up the phone.! 01278683243.


                                                            Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment