Thursday 28 March 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 27th March Viaducts Campbell

Seventeen of Dad's Army plus one guest were manning the banks of Viaducts Campbell today.  They all looked fit and raring to go, so I set about the business extracting the dosh and doing the sums.  Next it was into see Junior Badger Matt, who filled the bucket with the selected pegs.  The Golden one was 123, which Bend It had a few day ago,  when he netted 53lbs to win a match!!  Guess who drew it today? a jammy git called Bend It.

George drew 124 and was not moaning.  The Nasty Old Sheriff got 130 and was moaning.   I got the last out, it was my favourite 112 so I was happy.   I was sandwiched between Ross and guest Dave White, who I named "The Great Large White" as he gobbled up those old scaley residents. 

On the all in Dave had elastic streaming out within a minute, a sure sign of things to come; will he make Ninja cry on the next peg?

Today my intention was two swims the first was five sections to the front, and the second just top two to my right.  I have drawn this peg quite often, it sticks out into the lake like Brighton Pier; you do not want an wind here.    From the start I caught roach and perch, followed by a double figure vermin, then a nice tench, followed by my 4 and 5 sections blowing into the water.    So it was the second option, top two to my right.   I started on 20 hook, and 2lb botom but after loosing several hooks I upped to 16 hook on 4lb bottom, with caster and maggot for bait.   I fed caster and a small amount of ground bait and my luck changed, I starting catching skimmers.

I could hear some choice words from Danny, but everyone seemed to be busy catching fish.   Ross came over and rescued my pole from the deep; after thanking him, I said I would recommend him to the Samaritans!     Anyway back to fishing in front   After a couple of nice skimmers my two sections returned to the deep; is this a record?

I was a great day, good weather, good craic, and very good fishing   I was thinking Matt was going to be a busy lad with that amount of fish to weigh.

He started with "I Claudius" who had a modest 42lbs 2ozs, then Tonto who topped the ton with 105lbs 6ozs.  What was Danny moaning about with 24lbs 1oz, I later learned about the ones that got  away, plus he lost his bait tray; no smirking please.

Dan G weighed 117lbs 15ozs for second overall, but Spod overloaded, so was red carded.   Tungsten and Sausage had an unusually quiet day, so it was on to George.

George weighed 28lbs 13ozs of silvers, and what he calls smiling!! we know better it's wind.  So could Bend It repeat?   The answer was yes,  with 32lbs 12ozs, well done Mike ..

There were good weights along our bank, Darren 90lbs 9ozs, myself 29lbs 10ozs which was good enough for second.  Dave The Beast won overall with 174lbs 9ozs and Eric 92lbs ozs.

You could not have better days than this, so come on let's fill the lakes at all the venues and get some social in,  plus good fishing.

        Next Wednesday it's Summerhays Sellicks.

                            I don't mind answering the phone, so make it ring PLEASE!!

                                                              TA RA

                                                                      Bob (Adjutant)



                                                       


                                                         



 





hoohooks, 

No comments:

Post a Comment