Thursday 21 March 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army Sedges Tile Wednesday 20th March

HLS Dad's Army were attacking Sedges Tile Lake today.  The conditions were good, and expectations high as the lad's trundled into the car park.    There were sixteen of us on parade, and a finer bunch of blokes you could not wish for.

I have put my demob suit into mothballs, and I am reporting for another year of duty!!!   I just hope you lot can put up with me?   It was good to see that while I was on leave in N.Z a few more faces have been added to the club;  I wish them a many happy hours, and lots of fish in their nets.

Jamie and Denise were attending to our needs with hot drinks etc. and selecting pegs to be fished, thirty six being the Golden   I collected some reluctant money to pay Sedges and sort pools

Onto the draw, Danny was writing down the names with dubious spelling, but it was OK as I've learnt to read Gaelic!!   Mustard drew the Golden Peg, and I had peg thirty, facing The Nasty Old Sheriff on peg thirty one.   I was thinking Scaleys today.

It was maggots, pinkies and caster today, over ground bait laced with the same.    At ten o'clock we were off.   I thought keep it simple; how else?   I decided the margin diagonally across the corner.

  All in and just a pot of ground bait mix,  send out the pole with just a 20 hook,  2lb bottom, a single red, and then wait.  I was prepared to wait, so it was three quarters of an hour, and after a few liners I had my first vermin.   It was a nice clean fish going about 6lbs so I was happy.

Twenty five minutes later I had two good bream, which were a pleasant surprise.   I had to turn to caster, which was my best bait of the day.    It was a great first day back, I ended up with 71lbs 6ozs of quality fish, not quiet good enough to be in the frame, but I was quite content.

All out,  at the weigh everyone had caught, and there were the usual porkies being told, but the scales don't lie.   It was a win for Martin, assisted by his dog Flo, with 125lbs of scaleys.   I  Claudius was second with 80lbs 9ozs.    Bend It won silvers with 34lbs 8ozs which were caught on the wag and caster.  Joint second were Richie and George with 26lbs 8ozs each.   Well done you men!!

It was good to be back, getting plenty of abuse from my friends??  and long may it continue .   Our thanks to Sedges for a quality days fishing.   We will be returning soon.    Full results below.

        Next Wednesday it's Viaducts Campbell, another great venue.
                                       So let's show our appreciation and turn out in numbers


                                                 The number to ring is 01278683243 so let's be having you.


                                                                        Bob (Adjutant)


                                                           


ll

No comments:

Post a Comment