Sunday 17 March 2019

HLS - Trinity Waters 17.03.19



Todays venue was Trinity Waters  and the forecast was good until 10.00 then the winds were to increase and unfortunately the forecasters got it right.

Having arrived slightly later than I normally would, most anglers were already unloaded or unloading with the exception of Tax Man Brian who is constantly last and always the last to pay his fees and he still owes me 50 pence!!

The biggest surprise on my arrival was how quiet it was, no bellowing or the sight of the pink bobble hat, then it dawned on me that The Guru Tart was away again, visiting Jersey this time - oh how blessed they were to have his presence.

We were blessed with Steve Warren again following a useful start last time out, Dick who had a trailer on his BIKE - Sorry I didn't get a photo of this, and the return of Dettol after a 4 week absence due to the immaculate cleansing of his equipment that was required after he found a spec of dust on his seat box. I paid my fees and had a nice cuppa only to see Dettol looking whiter than snow and he had to sit down, why was this?, well Mario Tony had put his well used equipment next to his covered in mud, you could just see Dettol working out a payment plan to charge for the cleansing of Mario's equipment. So a total of 16 Anglers booked n for todays scrap but were missing Eric - recovering from catching silvers last week, Guru Tart on holiday again and class angler Dave Allen.

I had a quick chat with the guys from the Dads Army group about Wednesday of which they all enjoyed even though Mutant George spent the first hour picking maggots from the ground after spilling them on the floor. Im attending this weeks match  just to try and bring the average age down - oh and to get some tips.

So off to the draw as follows

Golden Peg nos 28

Peg nos

6 - Last Hour Dave
7 - Danny
8 - Dettol
10 - Sausage
11 - Sharp Shopper Shane
13 - Tax Man Brian
14 - Mario Tony
15 - Nice Guy Rich
24 - Tony Fry
25 - Graham
26 - Steve warren
27 - Queenie
28 - Dick
29 - Mutant George
30 - Lord C
31 - Me

So I was blessed with an acre of free space to my left and Lord C to my right. I must admit I do like watching Lord C angling , good guy and a good fisherman I can learn from him. Opposite I had Danny who is always in the mix on the silvers and opposite right I had Dettol. Unfortunately I could see anglers on the opposite bank but nothing on my side. It appeared that those on the opposite bank were fishing the tip with the wind in their faces except Danny who as normal all out for those pesky silvers. So the all in was shouted from the Guru Tart - yes I know he was in Jersey but we still heard him.

Danny was straight in but unfortunately into a carp which managed to escape his grasp, then mutant George into some small silvers. Lord C went out on the tip after initial pole line feed and I was deciding whether to go 13m or 11m. I fed at 11 m but I was being lazy with only one line hoping to catch the bream, that was a bad decision. Fishing was hard with the odd person picking a few carp but Danny was being productive on the silvers. After 2 hours I had a spell of catching and though Id finally worked out what was wanted but the it died again. Dettol hooked into  large carp on the pole and successfully managed to land it. I could see in the corner of my eye that nice guy Rich was catching a few carp and Lord C now on the pole was hitting form and catching a few nice bream.

Queenie then appeared on the scene, not by catching but by having a stroll saying that he found it really hard. He said he didn't want to go on the tip as this was boring and all he thought about was naughty thoughts and erections - his words not mine. I guess that for the remainder of the match he continued about these thoughts as he went back out on the tip.

The final hour the wind gut worse but Lord C was still catching so who was going win?

The scales went around the lake and there was a clear winner on the overall front and it couldn't have been awarded to a nicer guy than Rich. Mario Tony who is always there or there about managed second, and after missing out for the last couple of weeks on the trot by a few ounces, Queenie beat Dettol by a measly 1 ounce, now if Dettol hadn't been messing about and playing his carp on knicker elastic for 30 minutes then that fish wouldn't have lost so much weight and he would have took 3rd.

The silvers front was also clearly won with Danny in 1st, Lord C in 2nd and a good effort by Dick for third.

Results as follows

Overall -

1st - Nice Guy Rich - 48-01
2nd - Mario Tony - 28-15
3rd - Queenie - 20-5

Silvers

1st - Danny - 21-01
2nd - Lord C - 9-07
3rd - Dick - 8-11

Next Sunday is at Shiplate Fishery on the main lake - draw at 09.00









No comments:

Post a Comment